Re: [htdig] Same server

Torsten Neuer (
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:30:50 +0200

According to
>I have a number of virtual servers on my webserver.
>Two of them are and
>They are defined as local domains, and have the same IP-number.
>I added the line
> server_aliases:
>But still get the same document indexed twice eg
> and will both be
>listed if retrieved by a search.
>What am I doing wrong?

The server_aliases directive is *not* for virtual hosts!

Also have a look at
and make sure that you have the correct setting for allow_virtual_hosts.

If you have access to your server configuration file, the best
thing you can probably do is to permanently redirect one virtual
host to the other. This will also allow other search engines on
the web to function properly. So if you got an Apache server,
simply add the line
        RedirectMatch permanent (.*)$$1
to the configuration for the virtual host

E-Mail:            Internet: