Re: [htdig] os x

Wed, 23 Jun 1999 21:24:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Nathaniel Irons wrote:

> As I understand it, mostly library locations and other similarly trivial but
> not immediately obvious minor changes. Also, I don't think autoconf
> recognizes Mac OS X Server yet.

I believe this is true. However, the configure script for ht://Dig does
feature tests, so it shouldn't matter much.

> MOSX (like the forthcoming Mac OS X, and Apple's open-source Darwin OS) has a
> BSD compatibility layer, but it's not designed to allow transparent

It should also be pointed out that Tenon Intersystems has ported ht://Dig
as a part of their iTools package that's coming out shortly. Since they
have quite a bit of experience having ported ht://Dig to their WebTen
product under MacOS, I imagine it probably works pretty well.