Gilles Detillieux (email@example.com)
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 11:15:36 -0500 (CDT)
According to LAGADEC =?iso-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9?=:
> Gilles Detillieux a écrit :
> > According to LAGADEC =?iso-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9?=:
> > > > ")"). Are you sure that wasn't the problem you had?
> > >
> > > Yes I am sure, but I use ht://dig 3.1.1 and the other difference is that
> > > I have these lignes in my search form.
> > > <SELECT NAME="method" SIZE="1">
> > > <OPTION VALUE="and">tous les mots (clés)</OPTION>
> > > <OPTION VALUE="or">au moins l'un des mots </OPTION>
> > > <OPTION VALUE="boolean">combinaison booléenne des mots </OPTION>
> > > </SELECT>
> > >
> > > When I search (red and black) on the htdig mailing list with ht://dig
> > > 3.1.2 it work.
> > Your select list looks fine, so I doubt there's a problem there. I wasn't
> > able to reproduce the problem under 3.1.1 on my system either. There's
> > very little that changed in the boolean parser between 3.1.1 & 3.1.2.
> > A bit of the error handling changed, to avoid repeated error messages,
> > but there was nothing in 3.1.1 to cause it to reject a syntactically
> > valid expression. Maybe there's a problem with the build of 3.1.1 on
> > your system, that's not showing up on other systems.
> To know where is the problem, I rebuilt my database but there is always
> the problem.
> I have an other machine with Red Hat Linux 5.0 et Htdig 3.1.0b4 which is
> my test and experiment machine, and there is also the problem on it,
> after I rebuilt the database.
> I decide to reinstall htdig 3.1.0b4. So you can see on the attached
> file, the log of this installation. For me there is nothing wrong on the
> What do you think about that ?
Are you sure that your search form is running the copy of htsearch that
you installed? The "Expected ')'" message was only introduced in 3.1.1.
Back in version 3.1.0b4, when you'd get an error with a missing parenthesis,
you'd get the syntax.html output, with no explanation of what the syntax
error was. If you're still getting the "Expected ')'" on the system from
which you've installed 3.1.0b4, then your search form isn't running the
htsearch program you've just installed, but an earlier compilation of a
more recent release.
Do you have htsearch installed on an Internet-accessible system, so I
could try a few things from here? Otherwise, I'm just guessing, and I'm
all out of guesses as to what the problem might be on your system.
Another thing you might want to try, on your Red Hat Linux system, is to
installed this RPM:
and try it to see if you still get the error. Note that the RPM will install
htsearch in a different location than the source tarball does by default.
It puts it in /home/httpd/cgi-bin/htsearch.
-- Gilles R. Detillieux E-mail: <firstname.lastname@example.org> Spinal Cord Research Centre WWW: http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/~grdetil Dept. Physiology, U. of Manitoba Phone: (204)789-3766 Winnipeg, MB R3E 3J7 (Canada) Fax: (204)789-3930 ------------------------------------ To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to email@example.com containing the single word "unsubscribe" in the SUBJECT of the message.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 08:36:58 PDT