Re: [htdig] Problems

Mon, 21 Jun 1999 22:53:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Gill Blue wrote:

> I just installed htdig, and it was working fine yesterday, today when
> I do a search it will not find anything. I am running RedHat 6.0. I
> did move my computer from home to work, does this program
> automatically startup, I ran .htdig again. Any suggestions ?

I think you'll have to be a bit more specific. What did you index? What do
you mean "does it automatically startup?" It's not a daemon, it's not
supposed to start up. Search results are provided through a webserver of
some sort or through the command-line (by calling htsearch itself).

If you said you ran htdig again, this is probably the root of your
problems. From what you said, it sounds like you didn't run htmerge, which
is necessary to make sure the databases are consistent.