Re: [htdig] SSI

Mon, 21 Jun 1999 21:44:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Jim Serio wrote:

> I run mod_perl under Apache 1.3.6. I'm also
> using Apache::Sandwich among other handlers.

Unless someone has written a module to allow it (highly unlikely), CGIs
cannot output SSI statements. CGI output in general is not parsed by the
server. This means if you want SSIs in your output, htsearch would have to
parse them. Ugh. (It's not that this wouldn't be useful, but it seems like
lots of code duplication.)

Many people have gotten around this by including htsearch output in Perl
or PHP scripts. You could probably also use SSIs to include htsearch
output in your other pages.