[htdig] htdig as a spider (vs Harvest)

James Lockwood (lockwood@isi.edu)
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:42:25 -0700 (PDT)

First of all, I'd like to say that I've been impressed with htdig, it's
quite a nice piece of work.

I'm looking for alternatives to our current setup for web indexing (the
Harvest Gatherer + Isearch with a SOIF parser). It's works fairly well
for our needs (5 million pages) but Harvest development is nearly
completely dead. I've noticed in skimming the archives that a number of
people have gone over from Harvest to htdig, if anyone has some
information on what was gained from the change I'd appreciate it. I've
never seen a blow-by-blow feature comparison, so I feel like I'm feeling
in the dark at this point.

Thanks,

-James

--
James D. Lockwood                       USC Information Sciences Institute
Systems Engineer                                  4676 Admiralty Way #1009