Re: [htdig] suggestions for new PC?

Sun, 20 Jun 1999 21:44:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 20 Jun 1999, Jeff Hill wrote:

> they may have slots to allow for it. He said too much RAM on
> these boards can actually slow the system down. I don't know if
> the engineer was right or not.

I know very little about the internals of Intel architecture boards.
However, I *do* know that for most architectures, this just plain isn't
true. And juding from the beasts that Microsoft used in their infamous
Mindcraft benchmarks (1GB RAM for a "small business?") I don't think this
is true for Intel boards either.

I have yet to see a motherboard that actually slows down with more RAM.
Maybe some OS with poor memory management might slow down...