Re: [htdig] Post-processing removal of dups?

Aaron Turner (aturner@linuxkb.org)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:56:06 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the ideas Gilles, but unfortunately they won't work since there
is no set 'primary location'. Maybe the best way to explain is with a
filesystem example.

say I have:

/usr/bin/somefile
/usr/local/bin/somefile which is a link to: /usr/bin/somefile

Joe does:

find /usr -name somefile

This will turn up two matches which are really duplicates since they're
the same file. This is what I want to avoid. I don't care which match it
returns, but it should only return one. If Joe does:

find /usr/local -name somefile

the problem goes away naturally because find restricts itself to
/usr/local and it's sub-tree. This is what I can currently do with
htsearch.

Problem is that if find were told to ignore linked files (or articles that
aren't in their 'primary location') then:

find /usr/local -name somefile

wouldn't return any matches which would be bad.

--
Aaron