Re: [htdig] trouble following links...

Robin Bowes (robin.bowes@eoc.org.uk)
18 Jun 1999 10:12:15 +0100

Benjamin Smedberg wrote:

> > I can replace the start_url with http://www.htdig.org and it works fine,
> > but when I replace it with http://intranet.eoc.org.uk it doesn't follow
> > any links in the index document.
>
> This must be a firewall-protected system. I get a 'Bad IP Address' error
> when trying to connect. Is your ht://Dig inside the firewall? If not, it
> won't be able to see anything. If you are not running a firewall, the DNS
> entry is wrong.

intranet.eoc.org.uk is an internal domain behind a firewall. It will
not resolve outside our network.

ht://Dig is on the same box.

I don't think this is the problem.

Giles has posted a potential fix which I will try later today.

R.

--
Robin Bowes - System Development Manager - Room 405A
E.O.C., Overseas House, Quay St., Manchester, M3 3HN, UK.