Re: [htdig] Two word phrase searching

Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:40:28 -0400

Krishna wrote:
> 1) Is there by any chance, that someone has already developed a way to
> do phrase-search on two words?

Not that I know of.

> 2) When do you estimate to have this capability in the regular htdig
> distribution?

Version 3.2 will have this feature. The database changes needed to do
this will hopefully go in in the next week or two, but it will take some
time before phrase searching is actually implemented.

> 3) Do you have information about other search index tools that have this
> capability?

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any other free
indexing packages do. I mention indexing because there are probably some
that don't index that offer this feature. However, they just search for
the pattern in all the files, which is much slower than a search/index
package.