Re: [htdig] htsearch and multiple config files

Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:50:39 +0200

According to Seth Lepzelter:
>I'm setting up htdig for use on the oberlin college web site and I have a
>few questions:
>
>first, according to htsearch documentation, if you put a config value on
>the form that is submitted to htsearch, i.e.
>
>config: <select name=config>
><option value=news> news
>
>it should use the CONFIG_DIR/news.conf file, correct?
>
>when i run this, i get this error:
>
>unable to read configuration file '/usr/local/htdig/conf/news htdig.conf'
>
>what am i doing wrong? :)

Nothing, but I'd rather put "config" and "news" in double quotes.
Some browsers are a bit weird and seem to add extra space characters
(I remember having read something about this in the mailing list a
couple of months ago).
You can also try to use the GET method in order to check whether the
CGI parameters are correct.

hth,
  Torsten