Re: [htdig] search engine

Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:29:39 -0400 (EDT)

> Can anyone tell me where can I find more info on writing a powerful
> search engine like altavista, hotbot??

You want to write one yourself? I would say offhand that you're better off
helping us work on scalability, if only for the practice. Then again I'm a
bit biased. Even though there are a number of scalability problems in the
3.1.x versions, ht://Dig has been used successfuly on sites with over a
million pages.