[htdig] error with indexing ("DB2 problem")

Daniel Naber (dnaber@fractales.de)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:44:50 +0200

Hi,

we're running htdig 3.1.2 on a site with several thousand documents.
Whenever I try
to include PDF files to the index, I get (after about an hour of
indexing):

DB2 problem...: page 22178: illegal page type or format
DB2 problem...: PANIC: Invalid argument

I tried to use -i for both htdig and htmerge, but that doesn't help. The
(i.e. the work files) are between 35 and 50 MB big. The size limit for
files is set
to 5 MB. The only unusual thing I could notice in the logs is that there
are some
encrypted PDFs, which pdftotext (form xpdf 0.80) cannot read.

This is running on a Suse Linux 6.0, but it was compiled on a Redhat
5.3.
Since there are so many files, I don't know how to find out if/which a
single
file causes the trouble.

Any ideas?

TIA