Re: [htdig] A few beginner questions

Mitchell Marks (mitchell@walrus.uchicago.edu)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 17:50:27 -0500

Thanks for all the help so far!
(As you might guess, that means I'm about to ask for more.)

At 09:52 AM 6/14/99 , Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> > 5. (More on local_urls) I've got this in htdig.conf:
> >
> > local_urls: http://cuip.uchicago.edu/=/pub/
> >
> > First off, does that look syntactically correct?
>
>Yes. As long as /pub on your local filesystem is the DocumentRoot for
>your
>HTTP server, and the files have ".html" or ".htm" suffixes, htdig should
>access them locally. If it fails to find the files, or they have other
>suffixes, it will fall back to the HTTP server. For directories that
>don't have a default index document (e.g. index.html), htdig will also
>go to the server for that index, but will follow the links therein just
>as any other page, using the local filesystem if it can.

Here's the sort of thing I see when running htdig -vv :

7:7:2:http://cuip.uchicago.edu/cuip/about/: Trying local file
/pubcuip/about/index.htm

The / after the /pub is dropping out -- /pub/cuip/about/index.htm is a
valid filepath, but this one isn't. The local_urls in htdig.conf is just
as quoted above. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mitch

--
Mitchell Marks                          (773) 702-6041 AAC-010A
CUIP: Chicago Public Schools / Univ. of Chicago Internet Project