Re: [htdig] Filtering/ Dealing with Microsoft Bogus CSS definitions

Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:49:29 -0500 (CDT)

According to W.J. Sandman III:
> I'm encountering problems with what I've come to believe are Microsoft
> IE-4 only CSS definitions when I use ht://Dig on a site I'm administering.
>
> style.htm
..
> the last four lines appear in the search result descriptions unless
> style.htm is moved and a empty file is substituted in it's place (*cheasy*
> cheat, but it works) durring the dig.
>
> I'm scouring the CSS info on the web and have been through the ht://Dig
> docs and haven't found a good way to deal with this Microsoft induced
> headache. Is there any filtering in ht://Dig to deal with specific code
> when added to an html page so that ht://Dig ignores it? Anyone have any
> good ideas on how to handle this?

I think style sheets should have a file name extension like .css, rather
than .htm, or else the http server will tag it with a content type of
text/html rather that text/css as you expect it should.