Re: [htdig] Redhat 6.0 Upgrade

Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:41:33 -0500 (CDT)

According to Kim Henderson:
> I just upgraded to Redhat 6.0 from 5.2 and Htdig appears to be broken
> now. I was running 3.0.8b2 (compiled on this same machine). I installed
> the RPM version 3.1.2.0, but it still core dumps. Before I dig into this
> too much further, I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem?
>
> My next attempt is to download the source and compile....again.

Yes, Henri Gomez just reported to me this morning that the glibc-based
RPMs for htdig, build on a Red Hat 5.0 system, don't work on 6.0,
apparently because of libc incompatibilities. You should grab the source
RPM and rebuild it on your system (rpm --rebuild htdig-3.1.2-0.src.rpm),
or start from scratch with the source tarball, then things should work fine.