Re: [htdig] Multiple servers in one database

Marian Steinbach (m_steinbach@pixelpark.com)
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 14:49:14 +0200

> The situation is:
> * i have got a large list (several thousands) of servers to index (i know that
> htdig is only for small intranets etc, but suppose i'm mad and i've got unlimited
> amount of disk space)
> * i want to have a searchable (with htsearch) database of them all -
> preferably in one file (i.e. i want to be able to search all of them with a
> single form query)
>
> therefore:
>
> the list is too long to include it in a single config file after start_url.
> (or maybe it isn't - will htdig be able to read several-hundred-kilobytes-long line)?
> so i have to make multiple config files and run htdigs serially.

As far as I know you can tell htdig to read the URL list from an
external text file. The list article
http://www.htdig.org/mail/1999/05/0004.html and other replies in this
thread deal with that issue.

The documentation explains this very short in
http://www.htdig.org/cf_variables.html .

Hope your new Search Engine will be a real benefit for the web!!!

Marian