Re: [htdig] Typical usage

David Robley (huntsman@www.nisu.flinders.edu.au)
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:43:39 +0930 (CST)

On 3 Jun, Wendy Phillips wrote:

> I am looking for information on typical uses of htdig. I have looked at the
> 'uses of htdig' on the web site, but what I'm looking for is more detailed
> than that. What I'd like to collect is information on typical # of start
> URLs and/or documents indexed, hop count, index time and re-index or update
> frequency and any other relevant indicators. I'm also interested in the
> disk space and memory required to support a large site.
>
> I am fairly new to this and need to make recommendations for hardware and
> personnel to support indexing of a large set of URLs.
>
> Wendy Phillips
> Answer Technology, Inc.
> wphillips@answertechnology.com
> (978) 948 - 3928
> (978) 948 - 5508 (fax)
> ICQ: 37932571

Jesse op den Brouw's HTDig survey site will perhaps give you some of the
information you are looking for:

http://www.st.hhs.nl/htdig/survey_result.html

Cheers

--
David Robley

WEBMASTER | Phone +61 8 8374 0970 RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES | http://www.nisu.flinders.edu.au/ AusEinet | http://auseinet.flinders.edu.au/ Flinders University, ADELAIDE, SOUTH AUSTRALIA Visit the PHP mirror at http://au.php.net:81/

<<<<<<<<<<<<< WARNING * END OF TEXT * STOP READING HERE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>