Re: [htdig] Returning frameset subpages

nets@searchtools.com
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 20:12:34 -0700

At 8:26 PM -0600 6/5/1999, Jon Jensen wrote:
>Geoff said:
>
> > Most spiders themselves are good about following up frames, though there
> > doesn't seem to be a good solution for how to return frames in search
> > results. For example, how do you specify a URL to the framset with one
> > frame changed from the default?
>
>I've been wondering about this. I don't know of any tools that do it right
>now, but it's certainly possible. Is this already out there somewhere I
>haven't noticed?

Yes, not free, but MondoSearch does show results in framesets. I'm
not sure of the exact details, but I think they track when they're in
a frameset and store the results before they follow the frame links.
When a user clicks on a result item, they route results back through
the search server to locate the associated frames before going to the
original server and getting the data. It's pretty intense.

Avi