[htdig] htdig not seeing links

scottb (scottb@wetcanvas.com)
Fri, 04 Jun 1999 22:23:01 -0700

Hi gang - this one is absolutely making me crazy. I'm not sure if this
has come up on the list before, but I have no other options at this
point:

I am trying to index a site that has around 800 or so documents. For
some reason, htdig fails to see the links.

My .conf file resembles:

start_url: http://www.somewhere.com
limit_urls_to: ${start_url}
exclude_urls: /cgi-bin/ .cgi

Okay, so far, no voodoo there. I have this one HTML file that has a
large table in it, about 70 x 3 (200+ cells). Yep, you guessed it, htdig
fails to see ANY of the links in the table. According to my logs, it
never even retrieves it....(i.e. there is no "Retrieval command for
http://whatever for this particular file).

The file is definitely linked within the site - off the front page for
that matter (as well as a few other places). The log files show that it
sees the actual link TO the file (from other files), but it never
attempts to retrieve it.... :-(

Any ideas on this one? I'm about to take my own life - hehe.

Cheers.
Scott