Re: [htdig] External parsers: VRML added: Following <embed> tags?

Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:52:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> case 24 is identical to case 25, as far as I can tell, so the two can be
> merged together. Why duplicate code?

Are you talking about something like this?
case 24: // embed
case 25: // object
..

If there's a legal syntax to combine the two cases, great. I don't have my
reference book around. Other parts of the HTML.cc parser need some
cleaning up too.

> This will match any of "src", "href" or "name". Is this all right?
> If the <embed> and <object> tags both use only src=..., you could use
> srcMatch.FindFirstWord(...) instead.

This is probably better. Of course this means the IMG tag is wrong, since
this is where I grabbed the code.

> This last function call won't work. You'd need to do something like:
>
> if (dofollow)
> {
> URL *href = new URL(position, *base);
> retriever.got_href(*href, "");
> delete href;
> }

As I said, it wasn't tested in the least. But someone asked how to add
embed and object tag parsing, so I showed them. At the moment, I don't
have much time to spare to coding for another few days. However, it seemed
like any necessary modifications would be easy enough for someone else to
do. Yeah, I know, I should have tried it...