Re: [htdig] Customization Problems

Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 18:10:45 +0200

According to Vishal Shah:
>Hello Everybody ,
>
>I have a strange request for customizing the results page . What I want
>to do is to display only 3 results on the first page, which I can easily
>accomplish with the 'matchesperpage' variable. But then on the next page
>I want to display 10 results and then so on for the rest of the pages.
>Is this possible ?

Not quite, but you could try to work around that by using a wrapper that
calls htsearch once for the first page and N times for every follow-up
page (you'll have to mess around with some variables for displaying the
page/match number). You might also call htsearch with matchesperpage=32767
and try to split up the result into multiple pages (ack!), but that might
slow down the search process considerably.

Or you "simply" apply a patch to htsearch ,-)

cheers,
  Torsten