[htdig] Error Message when running "configure"

KHumpf@IITRI.ORG
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 15:03:55 -0400

I'm trying to install HT://Dig on a UNIX System V Release 4.0 Sun OS
5.5.1 System and am getting the following message (I included a bunch of
the stuff it does before I get the message):

checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... :
checking for ar... ar
checking for sh... /bin/sh
checking for sed... /bin/sed
checking for sort... /bin/sort
checking for find... /bin/find
checking for gunzip... /bin/gunzip
checking for tar... tar
checking for acroread... /usr/local/bin/acroread
checking for sendmail... /usr/lib/sendmail
checking for AIX... no
checking for socket in -lsocket... yes
checking for t_accept in -lnsl... yes
checking for deflate in -lz... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for sys/file.h... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for getopt.h... no
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for zlib.h... no
checking for fstream.h... no
configure: error: To compile ht://Dig, you will need a C++ library. Try
installing libstdc++.

After I got this message, I tried to install "libstdc++" but I'm not
having much luck with that.  I was curious though, why does the top of
this configure routine say
"checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes"
if the error message says we're not using C++ ??

Can I just add the library it needs?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Keith Humpf
khumpf@iitri.org
(315)-339-7071 - voice
(315)-339-7107 - fax