Re: [htdig] update vs. initial digging

Mon, 31 May 1999 00:04:11 -0400

At 6:01 AM -0400 5/29/99, Joseph Cheek wrote:
>this is what htdig -vvv -h 0 gave me [which did not stop after the first url,
>btw...] Date returned seemed to be current date of dig.

I'll have to take a look. I think the whole hopcount code needs a rewrite,
but when that will happen...

>so Date: returned is current time, plus i'm still getting the "retrieved but
>not changed". 8-(

I think I know what the problem is... If you display the date in the search
template, do you actually get document dates? I think ht://Dig isn't seeing
a Last-Modified tag, so it essentially doesn't assign the document a date
(whereas it *should* assign it the current date-time). Then when it comes
back, it sees the same "date" and decides it hasn't changed. This would be
a pretty nasty bug.