Re: [htdig] Question about non-absolute start_url

Fri, 28 May 1999 19:54:27 -0400

At 5:47 AM -0400 5/24/99, Wendy Phillips wrote:
>2. Index of www.nrdc.org/nrdc (note the redirect below)
>conf is ../db/www_info/nrdc.conf
>
>New server: www.nrdc.org, 80
>0:0:0:http://www.nrdc.org/nrdc: redirect
>1:1:-1:http://www.nrdc.org/nrdc/: ++++++++++****+++++++++++- size = 5158
>..
>27:27:-1:http://www.nrdc.org/nrdc/worldview/: htmerge: Sorting...

Interesting... This is a bug. I have no idea how the hopcount became -1 on
the redirect or why it didn't change in any of the other documents. I'll
take a look tonight.

>the URL that gets me the results I want, but I want to understand it so I
>can review the other 100 URLs I need to index!

It seems that there's a bug in redirect handling. In the meantime, I
suggest using a slash. ;-)