Re: [htdig] Adjacent word OK now ?

Fri, 28 May 1999 13:18:32 -0500 (CDT)

According to LAGADEC =?iso-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9?=:
> I use Ht:dig 3.1.1 on RedHat 5.2, and I want to known if Ht:dig can
> search adjacent word.
> i.e. if I enter expression like "server web" in htsearch form, I want to
> get only the document where the word "server" is present and just before
> the word "web".
>
> I see in the archives of the mailing list that Geoff respond in a mail
> on 23 Nov. 1998 that is on the TODO list.
>
> Are this fonctionality present in the latest stable release 3.1.2 ?
>
> If no, when ht:/Dig does support these searches ?

No, 3.1.2 does not support phrase searching. The plan is still to put
phrase searching support into ht://Dig 3.2, but that will still be some
time away. The current 3.2 development code does not do this yet, and I
don't know if anyone has started working on it. I think there are still
some important changes to be made to the database format before work on
phrase searching can begin, so I wouldn't expect to see anything for a
few months, at the very least.