Re: [htdig] Couldn't open db.wordlist

Fri, 28 May 1999 10:45:08 -0500 (CDT)

According to Yang Yang:
> I just compiled and installed the htdig search engine 1 hour ago, when
> I try to use the "rundig" script to make a test database of the online
> documentation at my URL, I got a error message, it said: htmerge: Unable
> to open word list file '/home/etia2/htdig/db/db.wordlist'. What's wrong
> with that? How can I solve this problem?

That message usually occurs when htmerge is run, if the htdig run before
it didn't index anything. The most common cause of this that the site
you're trying to index isn't currently running an HTTP server, or you
don't have access to it from the system on which you're running "rundig".

Try running "rundig -vvv -s" to get more feedback on what's going wrong
with htdig. If you get the "Unable to build connection with" message,
try running a web browser to see if you can access the site you want to
index that way.