Re: [htdig] having a 'restrict' menu in the results page

Thu, 27 May 1999 20:34:35 -0500 (CDT)

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> On Thu, 27 May 1999, Bill Moninger wrote:
> > $(METHOD), $(FORMAT) and $(SORT) that already appear in the header.html
> > template. I've constructed such a menu in the search form, but I can't see
> > any way to allow users to change the 'restrict' string (via a menu) for
> > subsequent searches.
>
> Simply edit the header.html file and put in whatever you want in the form.
> On our site, we inlcude matchesperpage.

The only problem with hard-coding <select> lists in header.html is they
don't reflect the value that the user selected in the previous search
form - the default is hard-coded. Right now, htsearch only builds new
<select> lists for $(METHOD), $(FORMAT) and $(SORT), so if you want
defaults propagated in select lists for any other input parameter, you'd
need to modify htsearch to do this as it does for the current trio, and
of course add related config attributes that give the lists of possible
values and names for them.