Re: [htdig] International characters

Torsten Neuer (
Thu, 27 May 1999 15:53:49 +0200

According to Andreas Steidl:
>How can I use german characters (Umlaute) in the html search form of
>htdig (because it doesn't work)?

Any search form should do - the default encoding type is
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded" and should work without

>Or has it to do with the configuration of the apache web server?

No. The server should have nothing to do with this.

>I use Linux RedHat 5.1 (with some upgrades) and Apache
>(I have read the FAQ 4.10. "How do I index documents in other
>languages?" and made the changes)

You should make sure that the locale setting of your configuration
file is correct and complies to the locale database installed on
your system.

E-Mail:            Internet: