[htdig] Weighting file types.

Leif E. Olson (lolson@tigr.ncdc.com)
Wed, 26 May 1999 14:34:53 -0500

I currently have search running that includes both PDF and HTML
documentation.
Currently the search results are almost always ordered with the HTML
pages being
better matches than the PDFs. I would like to somehow weight any
matches in the
PDF files as being of higher values than those in the HTML files. With
all of the
weighting variables of htDig, I figure there should be some way to do
this, but I have
not figured it out yet. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Leif E. Olson
PS Please e-mail any responses to lolson@ncdc.com.