Re: [htdig] New compile problem

Wed, 26 May 1999 13:49:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Scott I. Remick wrote:

> I posted this to the list on 5/13 but got 0 responses. Perhaps there were
> technical difficulties and my message didn't go out. Perhaps no one on the

Some of us have been a bit busy. I generally answer messages in an
apparently haphazard way, generally corresponding to friends first, then
messages I can answer quickly.

> use (2.2.2). So I fetched the sources for libc and libc_r, built and
> installed both, and was able to get much further in the compile of ht://dig
> than before. This is the newest problem, probably unrelated, but wanted to
> give you some recent history just in case.

Right, but you toss out FreeBSD as an afterthought, and don't mention
anything about compiler (version?) for example. It would also be helpful
if you mentioned what version of ht://Dig you were compiling and where you
got it. I seem to remember there was a FreeBSD "port" resolving some
issues like this. I believe they derived from the db package, but it's
been a while and I don't think anyone summarized the actual cause.