Re: [htdig] META tags not working

Gilles Detillieux (
Tue, 25 May 1999 13:23:01 -0500 (CDT)

According to Brett Hansen:
> > What version are you using? Does simply setting the robots tag to
> > "noindex"
> > work? (BTW, the standard says index and follow are implicit unless
> > otherwise turned off.)
> Our current version is:
> htdig-3.0.8b2-2libc6 running under RedHat Linux 5.2
> If I just include the "noindex" tag it doesn't work either!
> So is this a version problem?
> Before I upgrade, can some one verify that it is a version issue?

Definitely! A lot has changed to ht://Dig since version 3.0.8b2. Meta
tags were not supported in that version. Upgrade to 3.1.2, and you'll
get working meta tag support, and tons of bug fixes. RPMs for Red Hat
are available under, if you don't
want to recompile it (although the layout of files may be different than
the one you were using).

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: