Re: [htdig] META tags not working

Tue, 25 May 1999 12:25:23 -0400

At 4:14 PM -0400 5/24/99, Brett Hansen wrote:
>We are currently have an issue with HTDIG where the meta tags just don't
>seem to work.
>this is what we are trying to use:<meta name="robots"
>content="noindex,follow">

What version are you using? Does simply setting the robots tag to "noindex"
work? (BTW, the standard says index and follow are implicit unless
otherwise turned off.)

>Note: If we use the meta tag: <meta name="htdig-noindex"> the page doesn't
>get indexed but
> there is no "name" command to force htdig to follow the links.

There isn't one because that's a non-standard tag. Thus, it's depreciated
in favor of the new robots tag. But the robots tag wasn't implemented
correctly in the first beta or so (I can't remember when I caught my
mistake) and should work just fine now.