Re: [htdig] enhancing restrict and exclude

Tue, 25 May 1999 12:16:42 -0400

At 10:55 AM -0400 5/25/99, Mike Dagan wrote:
>It will be very helpfull if someone can give us some idea of how to
>solve this problem. In particular resricting all (and not any) of the
>values pass with restrict.

>> How can we use multiple "and" restrict so that htsearch return all >
>> string "one" AND the string "two" AND the string "three" ?

I'm afraid it's not possible at the moment. The StringMatch code is not
meant for matching AND, and the only way to do it would be to loop through
the restricts you wished to AND together.

However, work on a full regexp parser for both htdig and htsearch restrict
and excludes is almost finished. I doubt it would be difficult to backport.