[htdig] Re: Upgrade Path

Mon, 24 May 1999 01:06:29 -0400

At 2:34 PM -0400 5/14/99, Albert Desimone jr wrote:

>But I can't just move the files from 'ssd' to 'ss', can I? I mean, take
>htsearch, for example. The new htsearch will look for its configuration
>files in the development area, and I don't want to rely upon the
>development area for anything production.

For the most part, you can set the directory layout in the config files and
not have to worry about moving directories.

For security, however, htsearch really needs to know where the default
config directory is. However, in your example, you could set the config
directory to be outside of both trees and then use different config files
for each version (test and production). Or you could set it to be one or
two levels higher and use "subdirectories" in the HTML form to get the
directory you want.

e.g.
>/usr/www/ss <-- root directory tree for current production
> DEST= /usr/www/ss/htdig
>
>/usr/www/ssd <-- root directory tree for development
> prefix= /usr/www/ssd/htdig
> DEST= $(prefix)

1) CONFIG_DIR= /usr/www/htdig-conf

-or-
2) CONFIG_DIR= /usr/www
<input name="config" value="ssd/config/htdig">