Re: [htdig] Another thrilled bunch of users

Mon, 24 May 1999 00:46:36 -0400

At 12:30 AM -0400 5/24/99, Ivan Trundle wrote:

>p.s. the other hat that I wear is that of a graphic designer - FWIW and
>IMHO, the new logos all leave a little something to be desired (too
>mechanical and right-brained). The best so far - by a long margin - is
>the work by Colin Viebrock. Simple, eye-catching. Though perhaps a
>combination of the gears and the shovel could work. Looking forward
>to the results.

Hey, I certainly don't pretend to be a graphic designer. :-) The whole idea
is for people like you to whip up something you like. I believe we'd like
to wrap it up by this coming Friday, May 28 so the more entries by then,
the better.

One of the things I'd love to see is more template and graphic
contributions. I agree that it's easy to whip up an amazing assortment of
flexible search engines, but it's not always obvious how to do exactly what
you desire. Witness the traffic on this list! So if people would be willing
to contribute some templates and/or config examples like you mentioned, I
think it would help out new and old users alike.