Re: [htdig] indexing non linked documents

Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Sat, 22 May 1999 14:44:17 +0200

According to Patrick Robin:
>Hi,
>
>Is there a way to tell htdig to index all html documents
>in a directory structure, including those who are not linked
>to by any other page?

At least there are 2 ways I could think of:

1) Include all documents (or at least the start documents) in the
   start_urls tag of the htdig fonriguration file.

2) ht://Dig can also index directory indices created by the web
   server, if your server creates them for the directories where
   no index document exists. That way you should get most files
   (but also those you don't want to be indexed such as modules
   which are included in server-side scripts).

IMO the first method would be the best.

hth,
  Torsten