Re: [htdig] Looking for an elegant solution

Fri, 21 May 1999 23:03:26 -0400

At 10:50 PM -0400 5/21/99, Ivan Trundle wrote:

>their own search pages, want searches confined to their own individual
>directories, and want results given on customised layouts. The main site
>search tool needs to encompass the lot.
..
>different config files for each, with varying exclude_urls values? Or is
>there another way that I have missed altogether?

This will be more useful for your example. With such small subdirectories,
it's pointless to have separate databases. Further, your main site has to
search everything, so you might as well use excludes. (Minor correction,
you'll dig the whole site *once* and use the forms to restrict the results
of searches to those particular subdirectories.)

For changing templates, you can either use the allow_in_form attribute to
put the necessary info in the form itself, or define config files with the
templates for each subdirectory.