Re: [htdig] Pb running the 'rundig' script on Linux - bis

Thu, 20 May 1999 13:07:49 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, Tracey. Could you please elaborate? Which program exits prematurely
because of the extra "v" option? At what point (start, middle, end)?
What are the last few messages before this program exits? Does it leave
a "core" file? If so, can you get a stack backtrace from it? What is
your operating system version, and htdig version? Anne-Marie was using
RedHat 5.2, but the problem she's reporting seems different than yours
to me.

I know that on some systems, there is a problem running htdig -vvv. It
aborts with a segmentation violation when trying to print out the converted
date from one of the HTTP headers. However, this only seems to happen on
certain systems (Solaris, I think), and it happens on the first file that
htdig processes, so it doesn't get very far. Your claim that you "saw all
the pages and words that it was indexing" suggests that it's failing later
on into the indexing. I'd like to know where and why.

According to Tracey Maru: