Re: [htdig] problems with accents

Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Thu, 20 May 1999 16:21:43 +0200

According to Philippe Riviere:
>I have it ; so how do I get the equality between 'é' and 'e' ?
>Did I forget to set something ? Do I need to actually RUN htfuzzy ?

Yep.

First of all you're missing the root2word and word2root databases which
are required for the endings algorithm and which are created using htfuzzy
with the "endings" algorithm option.

Then you might also need to use the soundex algorithm to catch sound-alike
words with misspelled, i.e. non-accentuated, characters. I'm not too sure
about that one though.. would be worth a try.

hth,
  Torsten