[htdig] can I filter a page from the search result

George Toye (toye@cdr.stanford.edu)
Wed, 19 May 1999 19:20:04 -0700

I've looked all through the configuration options and can't find a way to
do this.

I have a top level HTML page which contains a list links to lower level
websites. HTDIG seems to index the URL string itself. Even if there is no
visible text on this top page, it shows up in the search result page. My
problem is that this page gets top ranking whenever text in the "<a
href=...>" matches my search value. I'd rather this page not show up in
the search result at all.

Is there a way to force htdig to either not index the <a href> URL string
itself or is there a way to forcibly demote this page in the ranking?

        -George