Re: [htdig] Opinion of Microsoft Index Server and Netscape Compass

Wed, 19 May 1999 12:37:34 -0500 (CDT)

According to Walter Hafner:
> I can't speak for others, but I'm sure you know _my_ needs by now. At
> least I ask often enough. :-)
>
> - server aliases
> - continous indexing (Compass does that, btw,)
> - better URL filtering for index occlusion
> - an "include" option for file types instead of the existing "exclude"
> option.
>
> come to mind.

The regex handling for limit_urls_to and exclude_urls, which is going
into 3.2, should handle a lot more of the situations that your last
point would cover. The first two points are in the works, and should
make it into the next release as well (hopefully).

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "better URL filtering for index
occlusion?"