Re: [htdig] Pb running the 'rundig' script on Linux - bis

Gilles Detillieux (
Wed, 19 May 1999 12:33:17 -0500 (CDT)

According to Anne-Marie CAUJAN:
> I got the following error on Linux redhat 5.2 when running the 'rundig' script :
> htmerge : Unable to open word file list file '/home/httpd/html/db/db.wordlist'
> This file doesn't exist in the db directory but only a which is empty.

This error happens when you run htmerge after an htdig failed to find
any documents, e.g. when it can't build a connection to the server(s),
and so it didn't create a word list.

> When running the script with the -vvv option , I got the same preceeding with :
> Unable to build connection with pushed
> pick: #servers=1
> htmerge : Unable to open word file list file '/home/httpd/html/db/db.wordlist'
> Please, can you help me ? Thank you !

Well, unless you really want to index, you should
change the start_url attribute in your htdig.conf to list the server(s)
that you want to index.

Also, you may want to look into why your system couldn't build a connection
to If your system is on the Internet, it should have been
able to do this. In any case, you can look into the problem further after
you set start_url appropriately. For instance, if your system is behind a
firewall, you may be able to index intranet servers behind that firewall,
but you won't be able to index servers outside the firewall (unless you
configure htdig to use a proxy server).

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: