Re: [htdig] $CGI in wrapper.html not correct

Wed, 19 May 1999 12:19:23 -0500 (CDT)

According to Aaron Turner:
> My site is using mod_perl to wrap the output of htsearch in a lot of
> dynamic content. I've got the page working quite well. The only current
> issue is that when htsearch expands the $CGI and the various $PAGE
> variables.
>
> The mod_perl script is /modperl/search, but $CGI only expands to /modperl
>
> I've searched the documentation looking for something I could set to fix
> it, but to no avail. I'd rather not have my mod_perl script re-write all
> the URL's and fix them, but if that's what it takes...

htsearch simply sets the CGI template variable to the value of the
SCRIPT_NAME environment variable. I would guess that the missing
"/search" bit is being stripped off by Apache before it calls modperl,
so it's probably being set in PATH_INFO. You'd either need to change
your wrapper.html, syntax.html & nomatch.html to append $(PATH_INFO)
after $(CGI), or piece the path together in your perl script, and set
the SCRIPT_NAME environment variable to what you want before calling
htsearch.