RE: [htdig] Pb running 'rundig' script

David Robley (huntsman@www.nisu.flinders.edu.au)
Wed, 19 May 1999 10:16:21 +0930 (CST)

On 18 May, Tracey Maru wrote:

> This is the error iget after standard installation on a slackware 3.6 linux
> dist.
> I have not modified anything in any way. Also I went back and reinstalled
> to wherever htdig wanted to go like /opt or something and alised thos dirs
> for my web server. still the same error. Any ideas. I run htdig with -vvv
> and all looks fine. nothing in the docs said anyhting about running
> htmerge???
>
> ******************
>
> ht://Dig error
> htsearch detected an error. Please report this to the webmaster of this
> site. The error message is:
>
> Unable to read word database file '/usr/local/htdig/db/db.words.db'
> Did you run htmerge?

Trust the error message! Have a look in the htdig/bin directory, where
you should find a file called rundig. Modify, if necessary, the value
for $TMPDIR and run the script.

Cheers

--
David Robley

WEBMASTER | Phone +61 8 8374 0970 RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES | http://www.nisu.flinders.edu.au/ AusEinet | http://auseinet.flinders.edu.au/ Flinders University, ADELAIDE, SOUTH AUSTRALIA Visit the PHP mirror at http://au.php.net:81/

<<<<<<<<<<<<< WARNING * END OF TEXT * STOP READING HERE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>