Re: [htdig] Opinion of Microsoft Index Server and Netscape Compass

Tue, 18 May 1999 11:07:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Dan Dexter wrote:

> Specifically, what is everyone's opinion of Microsoft Index Server and
> Netscape's Compass product? I'm looking for Pros and Cons on their
> use and limitations, preferably from people who have experience with
> these products.

I do not have experience with either product. However, I (and probably
others) would be interested in the opinions you receive. If you would be
willing to summarize them and send the summary to the list or to me, I'd
appreciate it.

You may also find Avi Rappoport's excllent Search Tools site
<http://www.searchtools.com/> useful. He recently did a survey comparison
of a variety of products. (I'm still wondering what's missing for the
people who rated ht://Dig as "better than nothing" and "not thorough
enough," but oh well.)