[htdig] Limiting searches

Andrew Kemp (andrew@swin.edu.au)
Mon, 17 May 1999 23:27:03 +0000

Greetings,

We have htDig successfully indexing all of our web servers into one
large
database.

As we are very impressed with htDig, I have removed the old harvest
search
engine and we are using htDig exclusively. Thanks for such a terrific
product.

Now, on to the reason for this email. When I first set up harvest, I was
looking for a better search engine to replace the old legacy WAIS
we have/had.

However, there are approximately 12 sub WAIS indexes for specific
sub-branches
of the web at Swinburne.

Ie: Administration, TAFE, HigherEd, etc

Is it possible to make htDig mimic this sub-index behaviour ? Would I
just
add a hidden field containing a keyword to the search form that would
limit
the search to that sub-branch ?

I would like to use the same database and search form for the entire
site if
possible.

Thanks.

Regards,

Andrew Kemp

--
Unix,WWW,Proxy,News,DNS,LDAP,... Administrator	Phone	: 61 +3 9214-8252
Information Technology Services			Fax	: 61 +3 9214-8944