[htdig] htdig: Internship opportunity

Jacques Le Mouel (Jacques.LeMouel@sita.int)
Mon, 17 May 1999 17:53:19 -0500

Dear mailing list.

I am in charge of Electronic Documentation for the Operations division of
SITA-Equant, a major international network services company (see
www.sita.int, www.equant.com).

We have set-up an Intranet site full of technical documentation in pdf,
with htdig as the search engine. This site is still quite rough and we have
plans for many improvements.

We are considering offering a summer internship for a university student,
to work on improvements of the site.

Amongst the things to do:
        - improve the html navigation
        - upgrade to a newer release of htdig
        - develop administration tools
        - document and coach an admin person for the on-going
administration of the documents library

We are looking for a student, with the following skills:
        - some Unix (HP Ux preferred) admin
        - some development
        - capacity to download a package and build it from scratch
(including rebuilding Perl, gcc, ... if required)
        - html development
        - perl, java or c development to build tools
        - communication skills (documentation, coaching)

Prior knowledge of htdig would be a real plus, thus my posting to the list.

The job could be based either in the north-west suburbs of Atlanta (GA), or
in Montreal (Canada).

If you know somebody who might be interested, please have them send me
their resume via email.

Best regards,

Jacques Le Mouel

PS: This offer was posted in January too, but we did not find anyone then,
and the project has been delayed internally too. So, I repost this offer
today.