[htdig] Metatage or a better database in htDig - the latter !

Geoff S. (geoff@quanta.paypc.com)
Mon, 17 May 1999 18:22:11 +1000 (EST)

Geoff

I see your point but it is not just binary files. People may want to
manually add a concept to a text file (the concept being a word not
contained in the text). I would humbly suggest an incorporation into the
current database of say 2048 bytes of user defined data against each file
that is indexed. In other words, the existing database be enhanced rather
than a kludge link to another external database. The proposed enhanced
database can in turn also be indexed.

cheers, (another) Geoff