Re: [htdig] Can't get excerpts

Chad Cunningham (
Sun, 16 May 1999 21:45:42 -0400

Well, I don't believe it, but I found the problem... On a really desperate
hunch, in my results template, I hit return after the last line which was
$(EXCERPT). And that got me the excerpts. So...if that is the last line, it
doesn't return the results. By adding a blank line after it, it does return
them... Glad I stumbled onto that, this was driving me crazy...

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> On Sat, 15 May 1999, Chad Cunningham wrote:
> > Yes, everything works with built in templates. I've created two different
> > configurations with two different databases. The first config, socrates, is
> > the one using templates. The second config, test, is the exact same config
> Yes, I agree that test works with the builtin templates. But if you
> comment out the template_map in socrates, does it fall back to the builtin
> templates? Do the builtin templates on socrates show the excerpts?
> -Geoff Hutchison
> Williams Students Online

Chad Cunningham